Friday, January 25, 2008

spring has sprung...

Alright, not yet, but the girls convinced me today was the day for decorating birdhouses. We spent the morning in local fabric store looking for summery poly cotton blend fabrics to be made into summer dresses for the girls.
Being in way over my head, and not finding anything I liked, we migrated over to the craft isle, (where I feel more at home), just to browse. The girls came across these little birds, and then the wooden bird houses, and went into a large spiel to convince me of the absolute requirement that they make the trip home with us. The description of their plans for them were so full of imagination, that I caved and they accompanied us home. The girls spent about an hour painting their houses (lots of layers), and once dry did indeed stay true to their word.



About a half hour later, I heard Aislinn walk by with birdhouse in hand quietly whispering to her baby birds as to whether they were hungry, or required the bathroom.

No comments: