Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year...

new outlook, new laptop!

Sorry for the silence, but with holiday festivities and the switch over to a new laptop, I have kept busy :)

Jeff had quite a bit of time off during the Christmas holidays, so I took the opportunity to sort through the house room by room. New toys have found their homes, some outgrown toys have been displaced, and craft drawers have been sorted and some things put away for future seasons.
I have also made the move of my laptop to the office and away from the main floor where it called to me all day long, and often split my focus away from the girls. (One of my 357 new years resolutions.)
I am also the proud owner of a 2008 appointment book ($5 at Walmart) and do not know how I lived without it before. Our weeks are quickly filling up again with swimming lessons, dance, gymnastics, play dates, coops, girl's nights out, meetings, and the list goes on and on, but I am feeling energized and excited about our plans.

After reading a particularly thought provoking book called "Breaking the Good Mom myth" by Alyson Schafer - a book outlining the Adlerian perspective (which I had never heard of before) I am feeling empowered with new tricks up my sleeve for helping our family work together as a unit and enjoy each other in our strengths and weakness' and make 2008 a year to remember.

No comments: