Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Years resolutions...

the one's I am willing to share with the world :) and in no particular order...

1. Move computer to the office.

2. Go to bed by 11 - with the assumption that I should then be raring to go by 7 a.m. -in an attempt to make it to our 9 o'clock commitments without a crazy amount of rushing.

3. Get up at 7 - alert and happy and ready to meet the day (did I mention I am not a morning person?)

4. Work on nutrition as a family unit.

5. Actually make and serve meals on a semi regular basis. (In the flurry of homeschooling, somehow this got lost.)

6. Have more at home time. ( I may have failed at this already, but it seems a useful part of keeping resolution number 5.)

7. Start a family meeting schedule.

8. Back away from the girls when bickering starts to involve the words, "But Mom... she said..." as the start of every sentence.

9. Lose 15 pounds (again... sigh... but if I did it once I suppose I can do it again).

10. Don't regain 15 pounds after having achieved resolution number 9.

11. Put my family first when making decisions that affect us.

12. Think before I speak.

13. Ummm, well the list goes on and on really and I fear may start to bore you... here is the quick version of the remainder. Be happier, be satisfied, be me, learn more, try more, be courageous, be giving, be courteous, be greener, love life, be supportive, be a good listener, love Jeff more and show him, love the girls more and show them, love myself more and be true. Be more patient, more understanding, but don't try to be perfect. Make mistakes and be happy to recognize them!

Whew...

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's
blood and probably will themselves not be realized. Make big plans; aim
high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded
will not die. -Daniel Burnham

1 comment:

Karen said...

But where's the fun in thinking BEFORE you speak? - lol.

Nice updates.
Happy New Year!