Monday, September 10, 2007

A Weekend away...

I was away this weekend, manning the craft show booth and am always interested to hear, upon my return, what the girls and their dad were up to.
I have to say, I was quite impressed when I found out they spent their Sunday making slime and playing Chutes and Ladders with their Dad and favorite Uncle! Slime! It was pretty cool actually, but I was reminded of my lack of food colouring in the house which I am sure would have resulted in pink slime rather than the basic white. (It seems food colouring is much harder to get, as the grocery stores I frequent seem to find it not worth their shelf space. I guess not much of a profit generator these days.)
So, it seems that the activities undertaken were quite exciting, as was the food they ingested. Aislinn happily told me about the Reese Puffs she had for dinner, the whole bag of popcorn happily consumed, smarties that were no longer hidden in the pantry and bottles of Coke that had been "on sale".
Bedtime sleeping arrangements had been relocated- Tara crashing on our bed, and Aislinn on the living room couch!

I'm sure I haven't been given all the details, but what can I say... they had fun, and that is the most important part.
And I... slept in until 8:30, and happily planned fall learning oportunities and activities in the quiet moments between customers.

1 comment:

Shucker said...

Nice to see that I managed to redeem at least part of the weekend. :)