Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Calendars

So here they are...

I did cut it down to the wire a bit, finishing them at 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, but I am pretty happy with them.

Each drawer will contain a slip of paper with a family activity or instructions to open one of the 3 special drawers. The girls are loving it.

I managed to get the hardware containers on sale from Canadian tire for $15, and all supplies included, the project came to about $25 each. Not bad as I am hoping they will become a tradition and be pulled out for many more years.

I started by gluing the fabric around the metal frame using a heavy duty glue. I then lined each drawer with scrapbook paper, and painted the wooden stars. Once dry I placed a foam snowflake sticker (dollar store) over each one. After gluing ribbon to the edges and placing a card stock piece for the name plate, I wrote the numbers on the stars and attached them. To finish it off I found the Santa's at the dollar store... seemed to round them off nicely.

All in all, I managed to complete it in 2 evenings.... (and a few of the wee morning hours) :)

No comments: