Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter...

I happened to forget my camera this time as we tried to fit in two family get togethers on one weekend, but the girls got their share of Easter activities.

We went to my parents on Saturday where the girls got the chance to play with their cousin, Jordan. After an hour or two in the nice, but brisk weather, the girls sat down to decorating Easter eggs. My mom had pre-boiled the eggs, and we planned them into the evening meal so after colouring and applying glitter, the eggs were ready for their debut.
(Word to the wise - glitter on hard-boiled eggs that you intend to eat in the near future, requires you to also consume the glitter to some extent -- not to mention wear it for the next few days!)
(My mom has pics. I will post some if I can get my hands on them.)

After sleeping over, we made our way to our next family gathering, where the girls were able to enjoy their much anticipated Easter egg hunt put on by Grammie. A wonderful dinner rounded out the day, and the girls, exhausted but happy fell asleep on the long drive home.

As the girls get older, it's amazing how special these traditions are becoming to them, and it is nice to see the value they hold in the importance of family.

No comments: