Monday, September 22, 2008

First field trip of the year!

I postponed our official start of homeschooling this year to correspond with our first scheduled field trip with friends to the apple orchard. We had a great day! The weather was perfect for a fall day, and the girls enjoyed both the physical activity and the time with their friends. I myself am blown away by the comparison to last year. It's little things really, like their Independence on the gigantic slides, the infrequent trips to the bathroom, their increased strength in carrying bags of apples. compared to this time last year, they have already grown and developed so much! Especially Tara... she is no longer my baby- in that sense. I guess she would have already been spending her days away from me had we not chosen to home school. It just seems to have happened so fast. :)
Ok, enough of my gushy moment! The girls enjoyed all aspects of the orchard, from picking ( and tasting) the apples, to the petting farm, rope swing, hayride, and tepee trail.










No comments: