Sunday, March 23, 2008

Birthday butterflies...

A month or two back, I signed up for a home school oriented butterfly program at our local butterfly conservatory thinking that it would be great fun.


Little did I know how busy we would be this week, but after a morning party with friends, we all headed out to the conservatory to visit with the butterflies. I had a great time taking pictures, and searching for interesting specimens (2 of which I snuck home...shhh!).


As you can see there are no pictures of Aislinn, because if I had tired you would have only seen the blur of her ducking and maneuvering away from the butterflies.

Looks like there is going to be some serious bug management required again this spring.
In the past she has been very disturbed by the presence of mosquito's and flying insects which is usual worse at the beginning of the season, but I had hoped it might be past.
She has been the unfortunate recipient of 2 bee stings in her short lifetime though, which I am sure hasn't helped.

No comments: