Thursday, February 7, 2008

The 5 Senses...

was our topic for our Early Learners group this past week, and the kids had a great time exploring books, playing games and "testing" out their senses.

The pic on the left shows the small game the kids played; working together to move the marker up the path while they answered questions about how their senses are used.





The best part is getting deeper into the books and seeing how all the parts of their bodies work and their connections to the brain.

It was a perfect lead up to this coming weeks topic of Anatomy which I am in charge of.
(I think I have once again stripped the library of the majority of their resources on the topic. I would love to know what they think of me and their online hold placement system when they are required to search out the insane numbers of books I request -lol)

After our "session" ( in the lightest possible definition of the word), we spent the afternoon outside, enjoying the snow before it's predicted disapperance. (In reality, we have more now than we know what to do with!) The girls enjoyed the combination of fresh air and friends immensely.





No comments: