Sunday, October 7, 2007

Thansgiving is a time for...

Worksheets???

I feel a little bit like we are straying from our unschooling philosophy when I look at the finished products covering our table. This looks so much more like school than what I pictured in my head, but Aislinn loves them. I have taken to printing off these worksheets from http://www.learningpage.com and leaving them available on the table and quite frankly, it's a great way to keep the girls busy when I'm making dinner or doing dishes. We can spend time in the same room, but they are at the level that gives Aislinn almost complete independence with them. It's been fun to watch too, as Aislinn coaches Tara in the instructions and completion of these sheets.

The trouble is keeping up with them as Aislinn flew through these in a less than an hour. It makes me wonder how much she would have accomplished in a classroom setting surrounded by distractions.
And I guess they aren't really "worksheets" when they are considered so much fun.

No comments: