Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Conversation with Aislinn

Conversation with Aislinn tonight:

Aislinn: "Mom, I really like bunk beds"
Me: "You do?"
Aislinn: " I think I would like to sleep in a bunk bed where I could have the top and Tara could sleep on the bottom"
Me: "You sometimes get to sleep on the top bunk at K's house"
Aislinn: "Well how much to bunk beds cost?"
Me: "Well, you and Tara each already have a bed."
Aislinn: "But how much would they cost?"
Me: "Ummm, probably around 700 dollars"
Aislinn: "Wow, that would be all the money you have right?" (thoughtful look)
Me: "Well, we would have to save up for a purchase like that, but you and Tara each already have a bed."
Aislinn: " k, good night Mom!" (she made it quite clear that we were done chatting!)

I am curious to see what her game plan will be in acquiring this coveted bed. She had the look that means it won't be the end of this conversation. Keep you posted...

(It actually struck me as funny as I was just today, in my head, playing with the logistics of putting the girls in one room and making the other room an "activity room".)

No comments: