Monday, November 23, 2009

A new Cousin

This week the girls acquired a new cousin! After a long awaited arrival, and the difficult notion of picturing a baby in the expanding tummy of Aunt Jenn, the girls finally got to meet their new cousin. It is a pretty special event for them, as it raises their total # of cousins to 2!
It will be fun to see them interact with him as he grows. They have always been kind and inquiring about the babies they have met through friends, but have always had playmates their age who quickly turn their attention to something else. But being the only other kid in the family may make him slightly more exciting...

Welcome, Ryan!



And well, after seeing this cool idea, I had decided to give it a try... homemade gifts after all are kind of fun, and much more in our budget at the moment... BUT... I managed to mess it up! It doesn't look too bad in the picture, but all the background paper bubbled up on me... I realized my mistake as I was doing it, but it was too late.
I finished it off out of sheer stubbornness, and so I could blog about it... after all, not everything we try in our household is a success! So Jenn and Jay, my apologies on the lack of gift, and just maybe, I will give it another go someday... maybe for his first birthday!! :)
(there was even brown glitter on the clips... sigh)


(Edited to add - I think if I was to try this one again, I would make a few changes, continue the pattern along the bottom and reposition the word Boy to the right or left. Well, I probably would have fiddled some more had I expected the outcome to be gift worthy... I was thinking of making something similar for the girls rooms... maybe I will have another go at the technique.)



No comments: