Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cuisinaire rods...

















We bought our cuisinaire rods to be used as a math manipulative, but since we haven't jumped into anything formal on that front, they still get used for the girls own creative purposes...

For more ideas on cuisinaire rods visit http://www.nurturedbylove.ca/resources/cuisenairebook.pdf
Created by Miranda Hughes -one of my first inspirations for homeschooling back 5 years ago already!

Oddly, these pictures were taken at the same time on the same rug with the same camera --my camera seems to have very unpredictable light recognition! Time for an upgrade maybe? :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ahem....it's time for an update!
especially if you are going to post it on the website forums!
lol

Kerry said...

Hey, I said I wasn't keeping up with it well lately!!
You are going to keep at me aren't you! lol